The opinions expressed in this article are the writer’s own and do not reflect the views of Her Campus.
Biblically accurate angels have been making their mark around the internet as people express their utter shock at how these divine creatures are supposed to actually look. It’s really no wonder that they’ve become somewhat of a meme phenomenon.
So now that we know that there exists more than one type of angels, perhaps you are wondering which type of angel you might resemble most. Answer the questions below and note which number you tend to pick: that will reveal your answer at the end. If two options are true for you, just pick the one that you feel represents you best. Have fun!
What are you typically doing on a Saturday night?
- Spending the day in your room
- Posting on social media
- Visiting home
- Working out
- Meeting people at a bar
- Spending time with loved ones
What is your biggest motivation?
- Being positive ^w^
- Taking care of others
- Keeping order
- Learning and perfecting a skill
- Being as strong, physically and/or emotionally as you can
- World peace
- Being right
How do you do with authority figures?
- Very well!
- I love authority!
- I do well.
- I am the authority.
- I can cooperate with authority.
- I don’t mind as long as I get to stretch my muscles from time to time.
- Some authority is necessary.
- Authority figures only bungle things.
- I would rather do my own thing.
How would you describe yourself?
How would others describe you?
Which lyric resonates with you?
- “I am not my body, not my mind or my brain (ha!)/ Not my thoughts or feelings, I am not my DNA/ I am the observer, I’m a witness of life/ I live in the space between the stars and the sky” (Marina)
- “Good times are singing/ They sing, they sang/ Those times are echoing through me” (Jack Stauber)
- “I slithered in from Eden just to wind up at your door” (Hozier)
- “I try to keep up with everything I know I should do/ But then I’ll fall to pieces anyway/ I don’t know why I am this way” (Pat the Bunny)
- “Scattered on the holy ground/ We’ll build a house and burn it down/ Carve it in your bedpost like it’s scripture” (Hana Bryant)
- “Standing on the cliff face, highest fall you’ll ever grace/ It scares me half to death/ Look out to the future, but it tells you nothing/So take another breath” (Bastille)
- “I feel I should be heard loud and clear/ We all need a reduction in the amount of tears” (XTC)
- “If you get out of bed, come find us heading for the bridge/ Bring the stone, all the rage, my little dark age” (MGMT)
- “I could stare at your back all day/ And I know I’ve kissed you before but I didn’t do it right/ Can I try again, try again, try again?” (Mitski)
You have an assignment! What is it?
- Being God’s personal bodyguard
- Singing in the choir, making heaven feel welcoming
- Being a bouncer at the gate of Eden
- Keeping all the other little angels on task
- Performing miracles
- Punching evil in the face!
- Being a country’s guardian angel
- Swaying politics
- Human resources (think Toby from The Office)
You find yourself face to face with a human. What do you say?
- “Be not afraid.”
- “Why speak when I can sing?”
- “What are you doing here? Don’t touch that”
- I am way too busy to talk to a human
- “I’m here to help!”
- “Get behind me, I’ll protect you.”
- “Look at me, look at me. Stop. This isn’t you.”
- “Stop being corrupt.”
- “I’m here for you.”
What is the worst sin?
- Pride: self worship is the root of destructive selfishness
- Wrath: senseless rage only brings ruin
- Envy: jealousy poisons the heart
- Sloth: being unproductive harms both one self and others
- Lust: the very worst acts are spurned by lust
- Sloth: to be passive is to be complicit
- Gluttony: the very worst wars are spurned by gluttony
- Greed: greed is the root of corruption
- Murder (duh)
Pick an emotion.
If you answered mostly 1: You are a throne! Thrones are the wheels with eyes that guard the actual throne of God. You are perhaps too unique for your own good. People may believe you are eccentric and hard to read, but you are true to yourself (the good, the bad, and the ineffable). Sometimes you feel that no one really gets you or are intimidated by you. But the people in your life know that your love is genuine, and your devotion to them is real.
If you answered mostly 2: You are a seraphim! Seraphims, or the “burning ones,” are the six winged beings that fly near God’s throne and sing praises with a triple invocation of holiness. You are more on the theatrical side and you love expressing yourself creatively. You also enjoy giving compliments as much as you enjoy being admired. You may depend on words of affirmation to confirm that your loved ones do in fact like you. I promise you that they do. Have faith in yourself! You have more to offer than just your talents.
If you answered mostly 3: You are a cherubim! Cherubims serve as throne bearers and protectors of sacred places that are distinguishable for having more faces than they do wings. An ox face, a lion face, an eagle face, and a human face make for four faces total, exactly doubling the number of wings. Yet, you are anything but two faced. You love visiting places that remind you of people you love. Sentimentality can also result in having a hard time getting rid of old things that have memories attached to them, such as an old shirt that no longer fits, or a cracked watch. These things are the dominion under your protection. As a result, you’re a bit of a homebody and a bit of a hoarder. Your friends don’t mind though; they know that they can count on you to water their plants while they’re out of town and to remember their birthday every year.
If you answered mostly 4: You are dominion! Dominions (also called dominations and lordships) are sort of like God’s middle management; they keep all the lower ranking angels in check. These angels may don crowns of stars and carry either an orb or scepter, making this one of the swankiest and most decked out angels heaven has to offer. You could be an oldest sibling or have oldest sibling qualities, appointing yourself as your friend group’s “mom friend.” You keep a color coded agenda and extra bandages on hand just in case someone needs them. You may also find yourself often being the designated driver as you are the most responsible behind the wheel and you always get to places on time. Your friends lightheartedly dismiss your persistent chidings with a suggestion that you lighten up as much as they rely on your sound advice.
If you answered mostly 5: You are a virtue! Virtues don’t have an actual body that can be seen, but instead appear as sparks of light. Their ability to control the elements allows them to execute miracles, making this angel one of the busiest bees in the beehive. You are probably too busy to go out most of the time and you find yourself turning down a lot of invitations to go out on a weekday. Your friends commend your dedication to your studies or your work while missing you, wishing you could spend more time together. Make sure to take a break every now and then!
If you answered mostly 6: You are a power! Powers are warriors of God, clad in armor and carrying swords to arm themselves for the battle against evil. Think of these guys as the cavalry that rough up the bad guys that aren’t doing what the boss told them to do. You have a tough exterior and your moral compass always points you in the right direction. You may act before thinking at times, but your assertiveness lets you get things done. You have definitely taken charge during a group project when the time came to make the executive decisions no one else wanted to make. Perhaps you are a bit of a jock. You likely dedicate yourself to sport, exercise, or dance; either way, you have a proclivity for kinesthetic movement. You love getting out there and getting stronger, whether that be in muscle mass or in the strength of your character. You can come across as intense, but you’ll never be “too much” for the right people. Your intimidating nature comes in handy when you stand up for the people in your life. In short, you’re a gentle giant with a heart of gold.
If you answered mostly 7: You are a principality! Principalities are the spiritual guides and protectors for nations and similar groups of people. You would likely describe yourself as a humanitarian. You’re the first to offer money to someone else who needs it and the last to accept a similar charitable offer if it was directed to you. Your altruistic spirit drives you to spend hours at the local animal shelter or to volunteer to pick up trash at the nearest coastline. Your friends might jokingly refer to you as a hippie, but they see and love you for the goodness in your heart.
If you answered mostly 8: You are an archangel! Archangels overlap somewhat with principalities in that they watch over the goings on in nations but with a focus on the politics and similar issues of a particular region. You were probably on the debate team or on a Model U.N. team. You have a cause (or a few causes) that you are extremely passionate about and never stop talking about. You might be involved in some type of organization that advocates for the change you want to see in the world. Your friends might be annoyed at times but ultimately admire your dedication to something bigger than yourself.
If you answered mostly 9: You are an angel! Yup, just a plain angel. Even so, these celestial beings are anything but plain. The lowest rank of angels are responsible for individual human matters, up to and including serving as personal guardian angels to specific humans. You have a small group of maybe two or three people that you love more than anything in the world. You’re completely up to date on all the latest news on the people in your life because you are the first person they go to. You might even be their favorite person to spend time with, meaning you often have a visitor in your house. Not that you’re complaining, you love having them.
- biblically accurate angels
- personality test
- personality traits
- personality types